2014 New Years Resolutions – Attain Your Goals
Every year in January millions of people start setting up goals for the New Year. By now they have already thought about their NEW Year’s Resolution, thinking about losing weight, quitting smoking, changing their job, training hard, and some people are thinking of changing their lifestyles completely.
It is a human desire to improve yourself, so what is holding us back to reach your New Year’s Resolution?
- Courage- many people don’t have the courage to accomplish their goals because they think they are going to fail, not realizing they are already set up to fail because of the lack of courage.
- Discipline/Focus-many people lack discipline and focus which you have to have to reach any goals you have set.
- Not knowing where or how to Start- It is important to not only write down your goals, but write the steps you need to take to accomplish your goals.
- Organizing a daily schedule to reach your goals.
- Support from Peers and Family- we need to surround ourselves with positive friends and family members that will help and support our goals and keep our distance from the ones that are negative about what we can and cannot accomplish. Negativity keeps everyone down and brings about more negativity, always keep a positive attitude and outcome on things that you set out to do.
- Starting out GREAT for a couple weeks or months and falling off after that- setting your daily or weekly schedule to accomplish your resolutions will help you stay on track and keep going until that goal is accomplished.
What can you do to change? What is the best way to track your tasks and hit your goals?
Having a Good Foundation and a Positive Attitude
It’s important to understand that for any goal or plan of action you need to start with a good foundation and positive attitude. Without such a foundation or attitude, anything a person tries to build is destined to fail.
- Stay Positive through every situation, positivity can get you through almost anything and make you mentally stronger than you could ever imagine. Negativity is a snowball effect and it is hard to break free from negativity. The negative effect of a bad decision or negative attitude may not show up immediately, but you can be certain that it will appear later.
- Establishing a strong foundation by possessing a clear mindset of values that will guide you day-by-day is a key to accomplishing your goals.
- It is important to know what you believe, what you want, what you looking for in your life ahead of time so you don’t have to think about the right action to take at the moment of truth.
- You need to understand that you need to make adjustments, you need to have discipline, you need to have rules, and a schedule and more important follow.
Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals
One of the most important keys to help you reach your goals is to set up ACHIEVABLE goals.
If your goal is a huge goal you need to break your goal down into smaller goals to reach your end goal. Breaking down your Goals into Achievable smaller goals will help you stick with your plan, avoid frustrations, feel good about your accomplishments and getting closer to your end goal.
Write down your goals. Writing down and determining deadlines for each goal is one of the best ways to achieve your goals. Break your Long term goals into many short term goals to make your goals more achievable.
Write down your daily, weekly and monthly activities, (diet, training, work,..) is a great way to review and make some changes if needed.
If you follow your daily/weekly schedule you will see improvements almost immediately and your tasks that help you reach your goal become easier to follow and easier to become a habitat.
So now it is time to write down your Goals for 2014….
Click Here for a link to download the Goal Worksheet. You can make as many copies as you want, but the sheet is set up for one goal, make copies for the amount of goals you want to achieve. The Goal Worksheet has an area for your plan of action to achieve your goal and a calendar to make a daily, weekly or monthly schedules to help you accomplish your goal in smaller steps.
Do something daily and forgive yourself
If you miss a task that you were supposed to do, do something that will make you feel you didn’t fail.
- If you miss a training, do a small set of exercises at home
- If you ate something that was not in your diet, walk a couple extra minutes at night
- Whatever you miss, make sure you do something to make you feeling that you accomplished a task that day.
And don’t quit because you missed a day or a couple days, STAY POSITIVE and know you can accomplish your goals. Forgive yourself and give yourself another chance- MAKE THINGS HAPPEN AND DON’T GIVE UP!!
NOW LET’S GET STARTED and Print Your 2014 Goal Sheet, Set Up Your Goals, Write Down Your Tasks and Let’s Make 2014 a Year of a Big Changes in Your Life!!
If you need some help setting up your goals, please e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org